cupcake

13.10.07

So the blog has been neglected for some time - things have been rough and moving has been much more of a challenge than i had anticipated. It's been difficult to suck it up and i might have just complained if i wrote anything so here are the things that help me to carry on...


antiques - antiquing - here are some marvelous finds from the hell's kitchen open air market. it eluded me for several weeks as it rained a few times i tried to find it and on the other outings - i just walked and walked but couldn't hit the right cross street. when i did finally find it i was very pleased with myself.

the fingerless mitts have needed reworking as the first one had a severe case of ladders - the only way to remedy such a malady is to unravel the entire thing and begin again - knitting often takes place at the laundromat.

i don't know what else i have pictures of, but soon I ought to have some before and afters of my new place!!! i could be moving in the next week - its a little up in the air as i wait for the old flatmate to return from camping? i'll be living w strangers a guy and a girl, i responded to their craigslist posting. it's in my favorite neighborhood - brooklyn heights! i'll have a view of the manhatten skyline from my attic room w/ roof access. Where i can feel like a giant because i can touch the ceiling - lets just say apt hunting in ny is interesting.

next up once tucked away in brooklyn - a bicycle, and i know just where to get the next beauty, i saw a gorgeous orange schwinn w/ chrome fenders, circa 60's approx, post cruiser days but a sweet upright. i hope she is still there...

the best news of all is that Sue is coming to interview!!! there is always room for one more in nyc...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

oh, other Lisa, I hearya!! I've been whining almost nonstop about my move here, and it's a much tamer place than NYC.

Glad you found a place to live! I know not-knowing is super hard.

Please keep updating the blog -- I really like hearing how things are going and I want to see what neat stuff you discover.

Finally -- Sue is interviewing !? Fabulous.

10/13/2007  
Blogger sue said...

moving iS hard!! transition = difficult for months on end -- just because it's all new. am glad you are sounding positive! i'm still in the Extremely Excited stage so i have a hard time thinking about difficulties. (and, yes, interviews :))))))))))

10/13/2007  
Blogger RTF said...

Jealous of those wares!

T

10/15/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home