cupcake

26.5.08

NYC MEMORIAL DAY

It's been awhile, most recently - I took my first yoga class yesterday - let me tell you - yoga is NO joke. My legs still feel like unsteady fawn legs. At this studio i will also try tai chi and pilates. The lack of physical activity is getting to me and as much walking that gets done it just doesn't cut it.

I've had lots of visitors and my parents were here! V. neat to give them an eye full of my life :)

It's coming down to the last months of my year here in NY. Little is know about the future, and i plan to take some time to test out opportunities to see where that will take me. I was reminded of my least harness able talent - to meet people, who in turn introduce me to other people.

At the tail end of my holiday around my parents visit, on a rainy day I convinced myself that if i did not get off the subway and
explore a bit i would regret it eventhough the day was miserable.

Of course it did pay off I was sitting in a little ancient cafe in nolita and a man at the counter struck up a conversation with me. He owns a bar in the neighborhood and knows my favorite design firm founders - he left hints that he'd introduce me!

So that's it my plan is to take one month off here in NY and explore the things i wanted to see in NY like galleries and furniture shops and places of wonder and talk to the strangers i meet. Then at the
end of that time, wherever the opportunities are I'll follow. That's a plan A if i've ever heard one.

But truly its so difficult to not have an idea yet keep pushing into the unknown. Eventhough i usually find myself beyond my wildest dreams. This is no different, some days i look at my shadow and ask her if she ever thought she'd live in NY? Since she never looks ahead but always follows, i get a bit of a shrug from her and a smile.

ps - i do have a scheme for back home in toronto - which i'm v.excited for so we'll see what happens

4 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

well, that sounds like a great plan. It's amazing how much guts it takes to make a new city your home, huh. And hurray for taking the leap: just last night I was reading my diary from a year ago and it said, "I had this crazy idea that I should try to get a job in the Netherlands."

anyways, enjoy your exploring and your break!

5/26/2008  
Blogger liSa said...

thanks Lisa - it's really your Blog that encourages me - i marvel at all the awkward evenings you endure in a strange language! i consider it a success if i speak to about two people at church besides Sue - and then beat it outta there.

but yes small explorations, are big ones too!

5/27/2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think it's an awesome plan!

5/28/2008  
Blogger sequesthered said...

I also like that plan. You're an adventurer! Don't forget all the wack things that have happened to you when you've trusted God.

I miss you. May NYC show its magic to you!

6/01/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home