cupcake

21.10.07

NYC MOVE to Brooklyn Heights!!!



I now have space - even room to spin! I also have two roommates, Lise and Dave, they seem normal and positive. The apartment is superb, we are on the top two floors of a brownstone, stoop and all.
My room is the attic room, w roof access!!! It's strangely like my home in toronto, on the top floor, skylight, ceder clg, wood floors, and a bunch of my stuff, even a rickety ladder (to the roof, see photot of view) and fortunately also furnished. A few pluses looking west, so the sunsets right across my floor, and
silhouettes the statue of liberty. I've traded landmarks - the cn tower for the big lady.


Arden helped me move all of my things on Saturday - four flights of stairs, and not a complaint. Dave was around and also lent a hand. I've done some remarkable things in the last few days like buy groceries. Also in true NY style i've outsourced - my laundry.

The area is soooo sweat - trees, narrow streets - no sirens, and lovely little shops and terrific food. I ate at a dangerously good english pub last night. I'm really going to enjoy exploring this neighborhood.

ps - more pic's on flicker....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger /dr. said...

yo, that's soooo rad!

/dr.

10/22/2007  
Blogger sequesthered said...

lisa!
that is too cool. i want to come visit!
-esther

10/23/2007  
Blogger karl said...

where can I find said flicker.

and i'm SO coming to visit. KD has a show in NYC sometime soon I might try and get to, unless it's impossible.

Floor?

11/02/2007  
Blogger sue said...

it's a really beautiful space!! super find LL :)

11/04/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home