cupcake

21.6.08

NYCWEEKEND

Enjoying a butter sandwich and a coffee around the corner from home - where i can pick up reliable valid free internet. Stange connection form the air. What happens when you inhale all of this information - over time will we be smarter, learning things in our sleep? Our dreams being informed by the air we breath?

Staycation update - moved to aug. 1st. I gave notice of notice last week and it was established that that was a good time. So i still get to develop a concept for a bar in an interesting 5star boutique hotel. The balance, while on the other hand I continue to make the world ugly one gaudy carpet a time.

Part of experiencing NY is to learn a little more about it's mythology, and this weekend i dive into one of Sue's most formative books - Harriet the Spy! As Harriet lived on the upper east side - I will be able to relate from my days at Arden's. Pretty sure this will not convert me to an egg cream lover, but possibly i will be inspired to write more about the people that I see.

I have been meeting some characters, of note: Jordan Catalona - you only know this name if you watched 'my so called life' with Claire Danes. Funnily I did not watch the show as it aired, due to the single tv situation. I was too embaressed to watch it with the rest of the family, anyways if hockey was on it always won out. So I've been catching up on episodes here, sort of reliving a bit of my teen years. So this is it - Jordan, the downcast eyes, shifting over to the side and then off into the distance, a perfect nonchalant slouch which melds well into walls and lockers. This guy I swear is him, it's possible his heart only beats once a minute. First time i met him he had an enormous ZZ top kind of beard and long hair. the next time, no beard and shoulder length hair (this is when i realized he was Jordan), and last week he had normal short shaggy hair (slightly long side burns), but wow, what will he do to radically change his appearance next time i see him?

Enough for now that is one of a cast of characters, i know in NY.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Meanoch said...

This was a weird post. I'll have to read it again tomorrow.

6/25/2008  
Blogger sue said...

Oh Enoch. Butter sandwiches were staples of my childhood, I was such a picky eater.

6/25/2008  
Blogger liSa said...

note: on butter sandwich, I didn't intend on one i asked for a lettle butter on my toasted bagel - and i had to literally ring it out before i could eat the soggy mess - i was hungry so i ate it!

6/26/2008  
Blogger esther parry said...

he he he jordan catalano....funny
i miss you ..its fun to read your blog!

esther

7/17/2008  
Blogger esther parry said...

he he he jordan catalano....funny
i miss you ..its fun to read your blog!

esther

7/17/2008  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Jordan Catalano is Jared Leto, he currently has a band that is making it big commercially.
My friend Jessie had the the biggest crush on him when we were teenagers, we didn't have cable so I've never seen the show, it got cancelled early.

7/22/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home