cupcake

27.7.08

NYC RAINY AFTERNOON

It's lovely and cozy, sort of cool, cooler than it has been. I'm not so good about writing when things are in flux, so in the last while there has been much debate about renewing my visa and staying longer or returning to Toronto. In the end it is back to Toronto for me with a few things on my agenda, start up a gallery about collections with Michael, and take another real work, real world design day job, but only four days a week.

I'm excited to return also because i feel like the reasons for being in NY have been revealed. The cure has been wrought, i am out of the deep rut i had been in prior to leaving. So that's it the irony of coming to a very hard city and coming out soft around the edges.

NY adventures continue - this is my bicycle. She has no name. We have not bonded, i'm not sure why. She has a rattle in her fender and her seat is some sort of icky hot foam. I don't know what it is she must be a rebound bike or something. I think when I sell Isabella, I will purchase a real bike like a kronan and call her Isabel II and it will be right. Also cycling in NY is a bit nuts, and i have yet to get used to it. Plus I did not buy the required heavy duty chain lock, so i can't leave it anywhere unless i do want to ditch it like kittens taken into the country.

I've said it before and today was the proof, cooking is rarely done in NY and those skills are learned, without practice they get rusty. Take this morning in fine Bridget Jones style, my good friend (name withheld), made brunch for me; and there was a fire! Small, containable, possibly avoidable. Nevertheless, we then ate our crouque Madames open faced and all was well. The smoked salmon in the centre was terrific. We smell a little like burnt toast now.

A little of Sue and Arden on the street, SOHO.

3 Comments:

Blogger RTF said...

Dear Lisa,

Wow, I am surprised to hear you're moving back to TO! But at the same time, I am encouraged, because it makes me feel like NOT everyone is leaving Toronto!

Go Toronto! Go Lisa!

Peace,

T

7/30/2008  
Blogger liSa said...

Does that mean you are coming back for a bit - or the summer? LL

7/30/2008  
Blogger RTF said...

It means I plan on returning once I am done here (in about one year)!

I might come home this August if all goes according to plan. When are you back?

T

8/01/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home