cupcake

30.7.08

NYCSUBWAY
I took these on my way home from work today, often when it is late and i have to wait for the L train I study these markings on the wall and i can always find a shape. I study them intently because i'd like to sketch them later, but i don't. So i'll begin to photograph them and then i'll have something to work off of.

Do you see the ape's face? There are more characters down there to be found! Mostly i see faces, I wonder if other people tend to see different things like animals or everyday utensils?
It's like finding the shapes in clouds, only i can re-visit these because they don't change.

(above: 34th st platform - waiting for the Q or W or R doesn't matter all will take me to union sq. - below: waiting at the L)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger RTF said...

I see it. At first I was looking for a front view, but now I see it's the side profile. Cool!

8/01/2008  
Blogger liSa said...

good sighting - i still need to photograph some more

8/04/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home